Search This Blog

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Vilt's Greenhouse



I admit it.........I am a plant-a-holic.  Every spring I spend LOTS of money buying beautiful plants.  I could just stick with the hundreds of perrenials I have planted but no...........I NEED annuals.  Annuals that are interesting and different.  Vilts Greenhouse http://maps.google.com/maps/place?rlz=1T4TSHB_enUS341US341&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=vilts+greenhouse+il&fb=1&gl=us&hq=vilts+greenhouse&hnear=Illinois&cid=17261193357804410097 is fabulous.  In years past I would go there and look around in mid July and always fill my car and come home wishing I had gone there earlier. 

They always have the most unusual plants.  I LOVE geraniums because they are workhorse plants.  They are beautiful and resiliant.  They are good for color and grow almost anywhere.  Vilts has amazing geraniums.  They have colors I have only seen there and they have the most fabulous varigated leaves. 




A couple of years ago I couldn't get Lemon Zest Petunias and I thought the summer was a disaster.  So this year I started early, went straight to vilts and today I went out and got my first flat of Lemon Zest Petunias!  Life is good!

Happy Gardening!




No comments:

Post a Comment